Wednesday 29 May 2013

China Glaze Holly-Day - swatches and review

I have wanted this polish ever since I saw Sminkan's beautiful pictures of it last winter! And now I've actually had it for quite some time ;) but not worn it. Just looked at it from time to time. Touched it. Stroked it. ;) Perhaps you know how it is... You've had this lemming and then you've gotten it and you are a bit afraid to get disappointed... Recognize this line of thinking...? ;)
Anyway, here it is, the beautiful Holly-Day! Just in time to join Green Wednesday :)



GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT HOLLY-DAY:

Type of polish: Cream.

Colour: A dark holly green. (Holly is Järnek in Swedish.)

Collection: China Glaze Let it Snow! Collection Holiday 2011

Opacity: Very good! This is two coats.

Formula: Excellent! A nice formula which is easy to apply.

Brush: Good! A bit thin for my likening, but still surprisingly easy to work with.

Shine: Super shiny on its own, but I have one coat of Seche Vite top coat in these pictures. 

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Accurate! What you see is what you get ;)

Grade: 5++++/5 :D

I LOVE this polish! The color is just the perfect dark green and it's soooooo shiny!! The formula is great too! If you are into greens I'd say this beauty is a must!!

How do you like Holly-Day?
Do you know the feeling of dragging out on trying a lemming...? ;)

12 comments:

  1. What a cool shade of green! I'm such a sucker for green polishes, and this darker green definitely looks like a unique one.

    Also, I nominated you for the Sunshine Award! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, it's gorgeous! I promise you! Even more beautiful IRL!
      Thank you so much for the award and for your lovely words about my blog!! <3

      Delete
  2. Hi cupcake, I love Holly-Day on you a lot!!! I don't own it though, but then there are so many dark greens out there and in my stash ;-)!!! I know this feeling so WELL - I have this right now with RBL Piu Mosso - lemming for MONTHS and now since MONTHS in my stash :-D cuddles to Smilla and viele Küsschen für Dich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo pet! I have a lot of dark greens too ;) but there's something special about this one! It's so juicy for a dark green! You really should try it!
      Puh! So glad to hear there is someone like me regarding lemmings :D I sometimes think I'm crazy for acting this weird ;)
      That RBL look really special!! :D You must try it and show us!!! Pretty please...? :)
      Viele Küsschen!! xxx

      Delete
  3. Det är verkligen ett snyggt lack. Dina bilder är jättefina på det!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so shiny and gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!